One of the few childhood memories I've retained includes a
shitload of technology. My brother's birth. Mom hooked up
to all sorts of tubes and little Jordan in her arms. I'm four
and leaning over to look at my baby brother. Dad snaps a
picture. Come to think of it, maybe I think I remember this
moment because the picture's been on a prominent wall in my
mom's house since forever. I think the only thing I actually
remember was the feelings--not being able to really get a
good look at Jordie cause I was too short, but telling my mom
that I saw him anyway because she seemed really tired and I
didn't want her to have to lean over again or feel bad that I
hadn't seen his face. I was still curious about what he looked
like. All I saw was the back of his little red head. He was
red, and I knew that he wouldn't have to stay in the hospital
hooked up to a machine like I had when I was a baby cause I
came out yellow. I wanted to stay with my mom, but I had to
go back to my cousin's house, which was a very scary place.
There I regularly encountered a piece of technology--a crimping
iron. I hated it because it meant that I would look pretty for
Jason and then Jason and I would be boyfriend and girlfriend for
Matthew and Lauren. Lauren always did my hair but never did
hers. I hated the way my hair smelled when she did it.
Monday, March 3, 2008
free-write on earliest memories with technology. by yve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment